There are few simple steps for installing our demo data. Please do not swap order of operation for a clean install.
Before beginning, to use some extended/optional functionality (like portfolio post type) “ozy Essentials” and “ozy Shortcodes” plugin have to be installed, please be noted.
Installing/Activating Your Theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes, click Add New button and upload “contrast.zip”
- Once you install and activate CONTRAST, you will be asked to install some recommended/required plugins. Install them as you desire, but “Widget Data – Setting Import/Export Plugin” and “WordPress Importer” plugin have to be installed/activated in order to install dummy data.
Installing Dummy Data
- Once “WordPress Importer” plugin installed/activated a menu will appear under “Tools > Import” use it.
- Now select “WordPress“
- On the next page you will be asked to choose a WXR (.xml) file (this file could be found in dummy data folder)
- Browse and find this file, hit to “Upload file and import” button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to for few parameters. If you want to import attachments too, please check “Download and import file attachments“, then hit “Submit” button.
Importing process may take a five mostly according to your hosting and network status. You will be noticed like below once all done;
All done. Have fun!
Remember to update the passwords and roles of imported users.
Installing Demo Sidebars (Widgets)
- In order to use this functionality, “Widget Importer & Exporter” plugin have to be installed and activated. Once activated a menu item will appear “Tools > Widget Importer & Exporter“, select it.
- You will be asked to select a file, select “widget_data.wie” file, which could be found in dummy data folder.
- Hit “Import Widgets” button. If process completed successfully you will see a message like below;
All widgets with registered sidebars have been imported successfully.
if another unexpected message appeared, please submit a ticket.
If on step 3 you see nothing, that means you have not imported dummy data, so there is no matching sidebar, or theme is not functioning properly.